Managed Deer Hunt
City of Warrensburg Managed Deer Hunt
The City of Warrensburg will offer a managed deer hunt for archery methods without atlatl, from November 1, 2023 through January 15, 2024. Hunters are selected by a random drawing for designated hunting areas on city-owned property. Online applications will be accepted from 8:00 am Friday, September 22 through 11:59 pm Friday, October 6, 2023. Drawing will be held Tuesday, October 10, 2023. City Hunt Authorization Permit Fees can be purchased beginning at 8:30 am at the Warrensburg Community Center Thursday, October 12, 2023. City Hunt Authorization Fees not purchased by 4:00 pm Friday, October 20, 2023 will be forfeited to applicants on the waitlist.
Applying for the City of Warrensburg Managed Deer Hunt
- All hunters shall possess a 2023 Statewide Archers Deer Hunting Permit from the State of Missouri to hunt deer.
- All hunters must provide proof of completion of Hunter Education Certification by the Missouri Department of Conservation.
- All hunters must provide proof of residency inside Warrensburg city limits or be a city employee or spouse/dependent of city employee.
- All hunters must attend a mandatory pre-hunt orientation on Monday, October 30, 2023 at 6:30 pm, at the Community Center. If you cannot attend the orientation, please do not apply for the hunt.
- A $20 fee is required at time of application. If drawn, an additional $10 permit fee is due with proof of valid deer hunting license, completion of archery hunter safety program and residency.
Participating in the City of Warrensburg Managed Deer Hunt
- Legal methods to harvest deer include projectile archery weapon and crossbow only.
- Each hunter must carry at all times the permit card issued by the City.
- No projectile archery weapon may be discharged within one hundred fifty (150) feet of any street, public right-of-way or any dwelling or other structure.
- All state laws and regulations and city rules and regulations must be obeyed.
- Only portable tree stands are allowed. Hunters may set up their stands beginning Wednesday, October 25, 2023. Use of nails, screw-in steps, and any material or method that would cause damage to the tree is prohibited. Limb trimming is allowed by handsaw only and no branches greater than three (3) inches in diameter may be disturbed. Unattended stands must be plainly labeled on a durable material with the full name and address, or Conservation Number, of the owner and removed by February 1.
- No game cameras allowed prior to or during the hunt.
- No other species are to be harvested by any methods during the hunt.
- No alcohol and/or tobacco use is allowed.
- No decoys/baits/attractants allowed prior to or during the hunt.
- Hunters must wear one piece of safety/blaze orange clothing when walking in and out of designated hunting areas.
- Hunters may take any number of legal deer, but only one (1) antlered. Hunters must take and Telecheck one (1) antlerless deer before taking an antlered deer.
- No tracking or recovering of a deer is to take place on private property without permission of the property owner.
- No field dressing. All harvested deer must be removed from the designated hunting area by foot, hand cart or sled. A designated dressing and cleaning station will be provided at the southwest corner of Pine Street (NW Division Road) and SW 101st Road for deer harvested as part of the Warrensburg managed deer hunt program.
- No motorized vehicles are allowed outside the designated parking areas.
- All trash must be packed out and deposited in a trash receptacle. Hunters are expected to have a minimal impact on the environment.